Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Seriously?

So just about anybody who knows me will tel you that I don't take myself seriously.
I like being lighthearted
I think that too many people walk around with heavy hearts
They think, "I am not angry, bitter, pessimistic, etc. I am just being realistic."
Time for a reality check then
Lighthearted people are realistic, they just choose to not put heavy things in their heart.
I used to put them on my shoulders or in my "backpack" and then I realized that that was no place for them either. Life is too hard to pack heavy things.
That is partly what Christmas is about.
Letting go of heavy, hard, needless things, and helping others to do the same.
Scrooges crime was not that he carried bricks around in his backpack
It was that he loaded bricks into others.
Elder Holland says, "When a battered, weary swimmer tries valiantly to get back to shore, after having fought strong winds and rough waves which he should never have challenged in the first place, those of us who might have had better judgment, or perhaps just better luck, ought not to row out to his side, beat him with our oars, and shove his head back underwater. That's not what boats were made for. But some of us do that to each other."
I am not saying that is what all grumpy people do, but I is easier to do on days when we choose to not be lighthearted
I hope that in emptying out our heavy things we find that our heart now has room for Christ this season.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment