Thursday, December 8, 2011

Just Friends Pt. 2

"Just" friends
I was writing with one of my friends and in the coarse of writing wrote "just your friend."
She quickly corrected that with crossing out the just
In light of that movie, I think that worst thing is, like so many other things, the things that are not said.
It implies that no guy would ever be friends with a girl if he was not romantically interested.
Wow. That is terrible.
I have friends that are girls, and not only that I take good care of them like I do my sisters.
There is just no romance from one side or the other.
Friend is possibly the greatest compliment ever.
It has now been taken out of context, dragged through the mire of the English language and then twisted and reconfigured to mean something much less.

No comments:

Post a Comment