Thursday, November 25, 2010

All things, like everything?

With thanks giving and all I began to reflect on my not so distant childhood, partly not so distant because I still live in it, and remembered a time when I was trying to deliberate about which blessing to thank God for and which good things in life had come because of my abilities to apply the things that I had learned from my parents, leaders, and under the divine inspiration of the Holy Ghost. 


I know that seems extremely stupid, but it made perfect sense at the time. Then I was reading in Moroni and 
Moroni teaches, "For behold, a bitter fountain cannot bring forth good water ; neither can a good fountain bring forth bitter water; wherefore, a man being a servant of the devil cannot follow Christ; and if he follow Christ he cannot be a servant of the devil. Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God.


All things which are good cometh of God. I was overwhelmed. I have thought about that verse for years now. Rethinking and mulling over the after effects of what that scripture implies. It is amazing in my mind to realize that God is so personally invested in each of us. Every good thing that has come into my life is from Him and every bad thing is rooted in my reluctance to follow after Him. It really is that simple. You cannot name one good thing that God has not given me which I possess. More importantly you cannot name one good thing that God has not given you which you possess. I come to realize more and more what that means. It means living a consecrated life to the Lord. It means trying to understand the world as He sees it and people as He sees them. Every good thing comes from God.


"Be thankful for the wonderful blessings that are yours.  Be grateful for the tremendous opportunities you have. Be thankful to your parents. Let them know of your gratitude. Thank your friends and your teachers. Express appreciation to everyone who does you a favor or assists you in any way.  Thank your Heavenly Father for His goodness to you.  You can express your gratitude to God by acknowledging His hand in all things, thanking Him for all that He gives you, keeping His commandments, and serving others. Thank Him for His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ. Express thanks for the Savior’s great example, for His teachings, for His outreaching hand to lift and help, for His infinite Atonement.  Thank the Lord for His restored Church. Thank Him for all that it offers you. Thank Him for friends and family. Let a spirit of thanksgiving guide and bless your days and nights. Work at being grateful. You will find that it yields wonderful results." True to the Faith pg. 79

No comments:

Post a Comment