Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why is Nobody Listening?

So when was the last time that you were having a less than perfect day and God came down and intervened for you? If you did not answer today, then you may want to reconsider. Sis Barbara Thompson of the General Relief Society Presidency said, "there are opportunities everywhere to help those in need. I submit to you that at some time in our lives, each of us will be poor in some way and will need the help of another person. For “are we not all beggars? President Spencer W. Kimball said: “God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other.” Okay, I can admit that the odds of God coming down and directly intervening in your life maybe not so, but I have had countless friends who without knowing and possibly without realizing what they were doing have intervened in my behalf and continue to in small ways let me know how much God loves me. I need my friends as much as almost anything, for they are for me God's hands in my life in so many ways. He does notice, He is mindful, the question then becomes, "Are we mindful and do we notice His hands in our life?" I do more and more. Thank you to all of my friends who have ever suggested a book to read, said hey, sent a text, talked with me when I needed it, or even just smiled. It means more to me than you will ever know, because to me it is a powerful sign of God's love in my life and the fact that He is aware on days that begin to feel like He is away. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment