Friday, November 19, 2010

Fate, Destiny...?

No just postponing the inevitable I suppose. Eventually small glimpses of me are going t leak onto my Blog but that's what it's about I suppose. I hope that the older I get the less that I regret is really true for the most part. Not because I don't do some crazy/stupid things, but because I like who I am well enough to realize that if you take part of me you also get the sporadic ADD part of me too. If we really knew better we would most likely make better informed decisions. That is the popular idea anyhow.  If we knew to what extent we would hurt someone we really wouldn't say it, but we often don't and do. Regret is not an effective emotion. Sorrow is extremely effective however. Regret focuses on what we wish we knew and did not and never will have, it is done. Sorrow brings us to realize that what we did was wrong even if we did not realize the full extent. It brings us know how God feels, to appreciate what He suffers when we do wrong. It is not a passive resignation, that is regret. Believing that somehow had we known it would have been different. Possibly, but what is that to build on. The truth is if we were perfect then it would not have happened. Regret simply shifts the blame from us, even if only to our ignorance, If I only would have known. Whether or not we realized the full extent of our decision we knew that it was not fully right which in turn makes it fully wrong. Accepting the blame for what we do is part of growing to be perfect like God is. Saying I am sorry will not heal the wounds that are forged deep in the heart, but that is not ours to do. He are not called as healers of the soul. There is only one that can pay the price for what we have done and offer full recompense to the offended. Ours is to repair that which we can and then it is between the one who is hurt and God to heal. There is often much we can do to make things better, but never anything that we can do to make it right, that wonder was won in the life of Christ. It neither begins in Bethlehem nor ends at the hill called Golgatha. The bonum sumum of His life is what lets him heal our hearts, and the hearts of those whom we grievously wound. The more we know what it means to feel like he feels the more adept we will be to tread carefully upon the sacred ground of another's soul. When we fail to do so we have simply lost sight of what it is like to see the world as God sees the world and to see the souls of men the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment