Tuesday, February 1, 2011

If...

If money makes the world go round then why don't you ever see grumpy, old men on carousel horses.
The truth is that money does not make the world go round. I think that there are several things that make the world go round; love, family, friends, music, and happiness.
You think about what makes the world fall down around you. Money isn't on that list. It is more of an hurdle than taking the track away. I also find that money has this funny self destruct mechanism about itself. The more you make the more you spend, the less you make the less you spend and you usually have just enough or just too little.
Yet when I am at work and enjoy what I am doing I get to be happy and spread that happiness to others. I get to make them realize that life is often much better than we anticipate and that the best is truly yet to come.
When I come home to my family or get to hang out with my friends then my world truly turns on the axis of others. they make me want to be a better person and to reach new heights. Yesterday we had a talent show and go to see some varied talents that many people in the ward did not know that others had.
Love. Yeah nuf said there
When something interrupts these things then our world stops spinning, or gets thrown outta whack. Money is not what makes the world go round, cause the only people I usually see on carousel horses are kids (even if they are 95 years old).

No comments:

Post a Comment