Friday, May 6, 2011

Computation

So yes my computer is back up and running.
I also love my family.
I was telling my brother what was wrong and what I had to do to fix it and he was going right along with me and understanding everything. 
He tells me at the end, "You know it is funny to think that there are people who wouldn't know how to do what you and I can do."
I lost at most 24 hours. 
That is excluding time to put everything back, but still
I know people who have lost a lot more than that, and I wonder about life.
My life is not my computer, but it is really nice.
But I think about things that are much more important that people are just as careless about. 
Relationships don't have a nightly backup that you can run, they don't have a history restore point.
You think that people would take better care of relationships. 
I have seen people ruin relationships for really stupid reasons. I have ruined relationships for reasons that I only found out were stupid after the fact. (I think those are inter-related)
It is funny how very little it takes to actually care for a computer. It took me about 3 minutes to realize something was wrong. It took me about 10 minutes to realize that I could not repair it.
It took 8 hours to backup and another 4 to get everything rolling again.
But that is not the whole truth. The fact is that I have know for well over a year that my computer has not been operating at optimal service, but I just let it go never having enough time to work on it.
It may seem like relationships fall apart like a blindside, but they never do. Things happen that you notice and then choose to ignore.
It will go on until we consciously choose to fix it or it ceases to function.
Then if you are a computer you start recovery and cleanup. If it is a relationship then that is much harder.
I have been thinking about it a lot I suppose because I have lots of great relationships that give me some of the happiest years of my life. I also realize that there are those that are less than happy. But I suppose that I think about it mostly because of a determination to live so that in future I can have the kinds of relationships that really make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment