Sunday, May 1, 2011

So needy

Have you ever not gotten what you wanted?
The initial answer is probably yes, but you may want to reconsider your answer shortly.
Sister Wixom quoted Elder Bruce C. Hafen , "You can have Eternal life is you want it. But only if there is nothing else we want more."
The "but only" is the key as it is in most cases.
Thinking back I find that most often when I did not "get what I wanted" I ended up getting what I wanted most.
The problem is that we realize rather quickly that it is not a well-rounded diet of eating our desires.
She later said that we need to have a plan and believe in that plan with firm resolve and once we have a plan then that plan will drive everything that we do. 
This will allow us to get what we really want.
It was a great fireside and you can watch it
HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment