Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm having separation issues...

So anyway today was absolutely fantastic and I have some of the best friends in the world. I got to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and David Archuleta and see the Prophet and be with some of my favorite people ever then I went straight to church and was with more of the favorite peoples, and then I got to go listen to Bro. Hunter give a fireside. That was epic, which is why I 'm coming back to it. Then got to finish the night off with dessert night and games with more favorite people which may or may not happen to be the favorite people that  happen to go to church with.
Anyway, world in four syllables fantabulous.
Back to Brother Hunter, on w of my favorite teachers. He gave a fireside and I was blown away as something came into focus from my life from in way that is impossible to describe. He showed us a video where Sister Victoria Pearce said, "We are lonely because we are separated from God." I was blown away. I always thought that the reason I experience loneliness or heart ache was because life was supposed to be that way sometimes. I am not convinced that it is. We are simply experiencing spiritual home sickness. Longing for a place that we know and a life that we love. A Father and Mother who loved us beyond our currently available comprehension. 
I will forever be grateful to a Savior who through the Atonement at last said, "Father, why hast thou forsaken me." I don't think that many times in life I felt forsaken, just lonely. Forsaken seemed a bit extreme. But I know that he knows how loneliness feels and I suddenly don't feel so lonely anymore. 
I am grateful for friends who act as the emissaries of the Savior and heal my loneliness with their warm hearts and outstretched hands and most of all their smiles. Smiles have a powerful effect on the human mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment