Thursday, December 9, 2010

Move! I'm in my way!

Wait a minute? I'm in my way. 

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
Again had breakfast with a great friend and she said that struck me as deeply profound. I was in my own way. I've thought about this all day, and I find that this is very applicable to me more at some times throughout my life than others, but I still ahven't learned how to completely get out of my own way. I wonder why life is hard and why things aren't "going right" and I find that more often than not if I can take a good hard look back on life that I was/am in my own way. I stop myself from reaching what I need to be grabbing at. I either back out too early or get scared or get tired or lose interest, but I am what happens to my life plans. If I had a better attitude about certian things then it wouldn't be a set back and I wouldn't plant down in the mud trying to "fix" what went wrong. I pray to be guided by God and then when life doesn't "go right" I tend to fall apart. Nothing went wrong per say, I just needed a change of scenary. I needed new friends, I needed something when I was looking for something different. Instead of trying to always "fix" what goes wrong I need to learn to get out of my way and go with the flow. The more that I do that the more that I feel that God truly leads my life. Thanks, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment