Thursday, December 16, 2010

Where sky and water meet

I have always loved the books that C.S. Lewis writes, because of his great understanding of the gospel. With the release of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader book I decided to re-read the book and this is one of my favorite ideas in it, though not entirely accurate, in many ways it has a lot to do with the way that we view God

 “Oh, Aslan,” said she, “it was kind of you to come.”

“I have been here all the time,” said he, “but you have just made me visible.”

“Aslan!” said Lucy almost a little reproachfully. “Don’t make fun of me. As if anything I could do would make you visible!”

"It did,” said Aslan. “Do you think I wouldn’t obey my own rules?"

I am not saying that we can do things that will make God visible of invisible, but I have met those who, partially because of the life they lead cannot see the hand of God. They cannot see His works yet He is ever there. We see Him as if to say thank you for coming, and he responds I have been here all the time, you just now took the time to see me. How it must pain Him to come to us and to encircle us in the arms of His everlasting love and we will not so much as even look. Then when times become desperate we ask where is the pavilion that covers thy hiding place. We seek to ask a question that Joseph only asked after spending months in prison and having been ever close to the Lord and we are ever straying from His paths. He has rules and He has promised that if we draw near unto Him that He will draw near unto us. That means that the reverse must be true. 
This Christmas may we reach out and in return be touched by the true Spirit of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment