Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Revisting the past

I would like to take the next three days and talk about the three parts to the theory of the great gift giver that President Eyring talked about
1) They felt what you felt and were touched. This is one of the hardest things about giving gifts for me personally because knowing what someone else feels takes experiences, or something much greater than our own experiences.  The Savior is the one who knows what others are feeling and how others are hurting. He knows their dreams and their wishes and so I propose that our own experiences are not enough. Timing is everything to the Lord  His timing. I believe that even though our experiences are vital to ministering to others that being worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost is worth more. If we truly feel the way that God feels towards His children and then if our hearts are touched then we can begin to understand how to give good gifts. "When we feel to take the burdens of another and put them upon our own backs then we feel in some small measure what the Savior feels for us." He would walk with us, and help us in whatever ways that He could. These are some of my goals to help me be a better gift giver in the area of feeling what others feel and allowing my heart to be touched

No comments:

Post a Comment