Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blu-ray

So I noticed something very interesting the other day. I am of coarse awaiting my pre-ordered copy of Tangled and waiting anxiously to be able to watch it, but one thing bothers me.
Blu-ray
I can buy the widescreen edition for $15 or I can buy a combo pack for $30. The combo pack comes with a digital download that retails for $15. Hence the $30. However, there are also two, not one but two Blu-ray discs that are included (a 3D and a 2D disc). 
This begs the question as to why.
I am really starting to wonder if I am going to have to switch over my immense Disney DVD collection to Blu-ray. With practically giving them away in combo packs to the point where I don't know why you wouldn't get two discs for free. 
This has just been on my mind for the last few days. 
I have already made up my mind seeing as how it is ordered, but still I am not really sure that the Blu-ray thing is as exciting as some people make it out to be. After all DVD is pretty incredible quality.
All the same I am a technology freak, and interested to see where it goes. Because as a geek I am sure that Blu-ray is not the end of the entertainment industry.
Change is just hard sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the Blu-ray dilema. We have bought several in the combo pack lately because of the price being almost the same... but I hate to think of replacing all of my DVD's at some point too. Ryan reminds me that if we do get a Blu-ray player at some point it will play all of our DVD's, so I guess we aren't out anything... until the next big thing! Oh yes, and I can't wait to watch Tangled again too!

    ReplyDelete