Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm addicted to you

Besides being a great old school song about dumb love, it is how I feel about Disneyland.
I mean really. 
Colored sidewalks and always clean. Music everywhere you go, and on frequent occasion live music. Food that makes the palette exultant and rides and fantasy magic that every child believes in. It is where I go to become young again. .Especially the older that I get the more that I realize that life can age you rather quickly. Stress and other things can accumulate and then what? You feel old. 
There are several things that can fix that for me, but the deepest return to childhood is Disneyland. It cleanses long embedded spores of unnecessary viral aging and restores my belief in magic.
That may seem stupid and too childish to you, but the more I understand about the gospel and the more that I learn the more that my trips come to mean. They are not nearly as instructive as a temple experience or anything, but with the vacation from "real life" comes a new perspective that will always exist as I go about doing my thing. Disneyland is my escape from that. 
I have other escapes too, whether four wheeling in the mountains, taking pictures, spending time with family, hanging out with friends, or the other various activities of life that I have found recluse in they are in their own ways each therapeutic, but Disneyland will always hold a special place in my heart. It may be something in the air, but the more that I go it is something inside of me that draws me back each time. Something that has etched the goings and comings of that place in the eternal parts of my soul. Something that feels a lot like Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment