Sunday, January 2, 2011

1-1-11 New year. It's still all about Disney

The first day of the new year and I am posting on the second day of the new year. Meh. I decided to post in response to the blog of a friend. I happen to love all things Disney and thought I would post some thoughts as well. I will give you a good case that the the princes in the early movies, Adam, Phillip, Prince Charming, etc. were get the girl, heroine development. They have started doing better though. Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid less so, but even recently Princess and the Frog and Tangled. In these later movies the characters grow and develop together. It is not just a DID as Phil would say and the Hercules coming to save the day. I think that is what I appreciate most about these later movies though is it is both of their stories and how they interconnect. It is not hi, my name is snow white and there is this guy who shows up and sings at my window and then disappears. until the very end of the movie where I die and he awakens me with a kiss. Most people cannot even tell you the names of these princes as they are never mentioned outside of Disney folklore. I prefer the two sided story as it is closer to real life. There are two people who have their own lives and meet up one day and BAM...okay not really but they meet up and then their story begins. It has ups and downs, but in the end everything ends up working out for the best. The good guy always wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment