Friday, January 14, 2011

Investments

I have had some time to think about where my time is invested and recently I have diversified and am really happy with the overall results. I think that there is little better than seeing investments grow, however, Thursday I got to see my Mission President and Mom in the temple. It was extreme. I realized then how much I am thankful now for that investment then. It was so good to catch up. I think about other things and I wonder to myself what am I investing in today that I will collect on later? I think of the servants of the Master who parted out talents to each according to their several abilities. Do I hide what the Lord has parted out to me? Does it even have the chance to increase? Because really that investment of "mine" wasn't mine. It was the Lord's investment. He gave me that talent and asked me to take care of it. So it is with everything in life. The Lord will give, allow us to receive, or not stop us from receiving certain talents. These may be actual talents, these may be friends, these may be trials, these may be spiritual gifts, life circumstance, weakness, sickness, strength, power, money, position, etc. The list only grows. some of us may look at the list and mistakenly think that it is a mail order form. They are given "to every man according to his several ability." And we are promised likewise that if we increase our talents that we sill be made "ruler over many things [and] enter into the joy of the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment