Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trust

It's one of those things that we are instinctively taught to not to. If you want something done right then you need to do it yourself personality is absolutely prevalent in our society. There may be some merit to that in the general populous but not in the Church. I remember long ago an institute activity were they gathered the leaders and gave us various tasks to accomplish. The truth of the matter is that the effects of that activity are still enlisting upon my mind. There was always a very dubious task that we were to complete and there was a large in your face task. The small side task usually escaped us, while we managed to complete the other perfectly or near enough to it. 
The real task was to reach out to one person. That is the task in life. We sometimes wish that we could right every wrong, that we could dry every tear, that we could dry our own so that we could reach out, but often we are worried about the grand scheme of things. The more I think about it the more that I realize that the grand scheme of things is already taken care of. There is no test that I can fail, there is no book that I don't read, there is no degree that goes unearned that can alter the things that God has for me to do in my life. However, there is a person that I need to touch, there is a hand that hangs down, there is a brother to love and a sister in need and these are my task. 
I never realized what the Savior meant when He said, "Wist ye not that I am about my Father's business." 
He was reaching out to the one. God will take care of the little things. The thin things that we get caught in the thick of. The only thing that really matters is that we reached out and made someone happier today, that we made someone smile, that we extend, in a small way, what the Savior has already offered others. That is the greatest use of our time, talents and blessings. If we can make one person feel like they are a son/daughter of God then we have done something that matters. The difference between a bachelors and masters degree is minimal. The true question is that can we put everything into perspective and trust God to take care of us so that we can take care of His children. Oh consider the lilies of the fields, they toil not neither do they spin, but is there such an one arrayed as these even in the courts of Solomon?

No comments:

Post a Comment