Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Highlight reel

So best part of my day today...getting to talk with the angriest person yet to date. The receptionist calls me and I pick up and I say something a kin to, "What's going on?" cause I saw her name on my phone screen. She proceeded to tell me that she had a really angry customer on the phone and that the last tech and messed up something really bad...long story short, really angry customer. She asked if I was a senior tech and I informed her that I was the least senior person in the building. She asked if I wanted her to find someone else. I said no I'll give it a shot, what's the worst that can happen? I pick up and of coarse the office manager is a bit upset and so I ask how the weather is and we talk about good ole Cali for a bit while she logs me onto her computer. I get a quick assessment and it is bad. We start running things and I keep telling them that everything will be fine and I am working as fast as I can and after an hour and a half, boom it is fixed and they are super happy and we are best buds. 
What I learned:
1. Things aren't always as bad as they seem
2. If you understand what is happening you are less likely to get angry
3. Once it is over you are happy.
Conclusion:
Assume that things are better than they seem and don't make happiness contingent on understanding, because once everything works out you will be happy anyway so you should just be happy to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment