Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scriptures

A simple enough subject but I can never get enough. I think a lot of times that we focus on the facts and not the feeling. Today's sacrament meeting was awesome. They talked about the scriptures and bore testimony of what the scriptures meant to them and how it plays a part in conversion. It was phenomenal!
It got me thinking though...Why am I always looking for the new and exciting? Why is the regular not enough?
I talk with lots of people that use a comprehensive software suite and they usually say something to the effect of, "I just don't feel that I am using it to it's fullest potential."
I feel that way with the scriptures. I think that there is so much more that I can be doing to get even more out of study than I already get. I think that it is much better to use what you have than to seek for something else. I am going to start revamping my scripture study and look for new ways to study and learn and understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment