Monday, January 24, 2011

You Want It?

A good question, but incomplete and insubstantial. 
Most of know what we want, and have an idea of what it takes to get it, the problem arises thus;
We know that we want it, but we don't want it bad enough to do anything about it. I think that can make us unhappy. That is why people blame misery on outside sources. They say things like, "If I had or If I could just, then I'd be happy and life would be good."
The truth is that you would be miserable with _____(whatever it took to make you "happy").
Learning to be happy with what we have while staying motivated to make it count for something more. That is happiness and success. So instead of asking God for something to make me happy I am going to be asking for how to use what I already have to be happier. I think this has a higher probability of working out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment