Friday, April 29, 2011

How amusing

I think angry people are funny.
That unfortunately does not always help.
I just find the idea behind getting upset incredibly amusing. 
I mean really.
If I get upset and scream and holler and curse, oh I don't know, say the snow for example. The fact is that it snowed on April 29th. So what? 
It still snowed.
The car is still wrecked.
The house burned down.
The cat died.
Crappy things happen. But I am not a person that takes crap.



"In all of this, I suppose it goes without saying that negative speaking so often flows from negative thinking, including negative thinking about ourselves...I love what Elder Orson F. Whitney once said: “The spirit of the gospel is optimistic; it trusts in God and looks on the bright side of things. The opposite or pessimistic spirit drags men down and away from God, looks on the dark side, murmurs, complains, and is slow to yield obedience.” As someone once said, “Even in the golden age of civilization someone undoubtedly grumbled that everything looked too yellow.” I have often thought that Nephi’s being bound with cords and beaten by rods must have been more tolerable to him than listening to Laman and Lemuel’s constant murmuring. Surely he must have said at least once, “Hit me one more time. I can still hear you.” Yes, life has its problems, and yes, there are negative things to face, but please accept one of Elder Holland’s maxims for living—no misfortune is so bad that whining about it won’t make it worse."    
How easy it is to pick and I don't mean to, but it really irks me to see unhappy people. They are wasting their lives. I once wasted too much of my own life being sarcastic, being negative and seeing the ugly. The funny thing is that I then left happy valley and saw how hard the world really was. I went to the MTC. I learned there that there were people who 1. Had a reason to be miserable and 2. Were not.
They truly understood the fact that there is no misfortune so bad that whining about it won't make it worse. Everything that we suffer makes us a little more understanding and loving. It makes us more sensitive to the Spirit, when we let it. And it allows us to touch the Hem of the Atonement.
Certainly Christ can sympathize with you about your day going not as planned. The Man whose life was one ironic turn after another. 
I am trying to understand about how you feel about the weather or whatever other bad thing has happened. Then try to understand that there is a better way to live your life. Please be happy :)
P.S. The car has been wrecked multiple times, the house is fine and I hate cats, but all joking aside it wouldn't kill some of you to smile every once in a while. Just ask all my friends who do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment