Saturday, April 16, 2011

You are more than what you have become

Anybody recognize that line?
Not exactly one of the most commonly quoted movie lines of all time, but I really like it.
I'll give you some hints; there is a lion who runs away from home when his uncle kills his dad and tries to kill him whose dad ends up coming to him in a vision. Ringing any bells? Oh well, maybe not, but it is one of my favorite movies. I really like that line especially. I find that I have to constantly ask myself, "am I more than what I have become?" The answer is often yes and found in the advice given to Simba. You are my son. 
When we come to realize that we are sons and daughters of God with infinite potential to become like Him then we realize that all too often we are less than what we have become. We should shun the feelings of, "I am okay" just as much as we should shun, "I cannot do this." 
Both are wrong. 
We are more than we have have become. We are infinite and eternal. We can do it. We are the offspring of God. There is a balance that we must strike, but when we do then we understand who we are, what we are to do, who we must become, and we take our place in the Circle of Life.
Remember who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment